Who We Are
Pastor/Dr. Assayehegn Berhe had been God's faithful servant to all the Evangelical Churches throughout the World for more than four decades. He had been true to the authority of the Word and the Power of the Holy Spirit in all his deliberation via preaching, teaching and training. He is married to Emebet T. Berhe; and they have two daughters - Feben and Bethlehem Berhe; and two Grand Daughters - Eliza & Esther Bedane.
He had served in various ministries in different capacities, which could be summarized as follows:
1. Itinerant Evangelist: Tigray and Wello States (1977 - 1978)
2. Staff Worker: Inter Varsity Fellowship (EVaSUE) (1978 - 1982)
3. Organizing Secretary: Scripture Union of Ethiopia (1982 - 1984)
4. Senior Pastor: Ethiopian Christian Fellowship Church - Nairobi, Kenya (1984 - 1990)
5. General Secretary: Evangelical Churches Fellowship of Ethiopia (Evangelical Alliance) (1995 - 1999)
6. Senior Pastor: Ethiopian Christian Fellowship Church - Los Angeles, California (2000 - 2005)
7. Founder/ President: Legacy of Leadership International - Denver, Colorado (2006 - Present)
“To mentor, train and develop fifty existing church and organizational leaders and newly emerging godly leaders of every nation of the Two-Third world, on different shades of leadership, so that they will be able to train other regional and local leaders by establishing Leadership Institutes in each nation.”
A. To mentor and develop key godly regional and national leaders of the Two-Third World;
B. To equip and train leaders who will in-turn train other leaders, with the ultimate goal of impacting the larger society with Christian values.
C. To capacitate the local church by empowering its emerging leaders, so that the church will be able to reach the un-reached people groups with excellence, integrity and legacy of leadership.
D. Develop and provide guidance and training programs for church leaders (both the clergy and the laity) in keeping with sound biblical teaching and doctrines.
E. Promote and implement activities & properties connected with the production, publication, and distribution of books, tracts, newsletters, periodicals and other materials for churches and Christian organizations for the proclamation of the Gospel and promotion of Christian teaching on various issues.
F. Support and facilitate evangelism, discipleship, church planting and missions in different nations in collaboration with the national churches and leaders.
G. Organize and facilitate annual and periodical trainings, workshops, seminars, and conferences focused on leadership development and the local church.
H. Participate in the ministry of compassion with other agencies and organizations committed to these ends.